Getting to Know You: A Linkup with AWB!
When the thought of blogging first began to tickle my fancy, I was really nervous. I also lacked confidence that my blog would attract readers. Now, over 1,500 views later, I’m building my blog confidence. (My blog is just over one month old.)
With the help of my friends and the support of Alabama Women Bloggers, my blog is slowly gaining the momentum it needs to help me secure a spot in the blog world. Thanks AWB!!
Today, I’m doing a “self-interview” link-up post in connection with AWB. So read ahead to find out more about me. Also, you can click on the button below to find out more about some of your other favorite women bloggers who call Alabama home!
1. What part of the state do you call home?
I’m a native of Talladega. But, Pell City has been my home for the last 10 years.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for almost two months.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I fell in love with my friend’s blog, Hems for Her. She encouraged me to give blogging a try. Since I love writing, I figured I’d give it a shot!
4. What is your favorite part of being a member of the Alabama Women Bloggers community?
I love the support that the AWB community provides. It’s so encouraging. I also like reading all of the different blogs. There are so many talented women bloggers in Alabama!
5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I’ll have much more time on my hands, but less money in my pocket. My kids will be driving, which means they’ll probably want to spend less time with me and want more of my money for gas and fun! LOL
6. If you could choose an actress to play you in your life, who would you choose and why?
Angela Bassett, duh. She’s almost as hot as I am!! (In my dreams, anyway.)
7. Name 5 things on your Bucket List that you hope you’ll check off before you die?
-Learn to play the piano WELL (I dabble, but nothing major. I need more lessons.)
-Meet and hang out with Oprah Winfrey! (I’ve been a fan since I was about 11!)
-Vacation in Bora Bora (And stay EXACTLY where they stayed in the movie “Couples Retreat”)
-Go skiing (I’d have to learn first)
-Go sky diving (Not really, but everyone puts that on their Bucket List, so what the heck?)
8. If you could be known for one thing, what would it be and why?
Being a great teacher.
9. Describe the best moment in your life.
I have two best moments in life: the day that I became Jordan’s mother and the day that I became Kaylen’s mother. Best moments in life. No doubt.
10. If you could “be” anything (no consequences, no fear), what would you “be”?
That’s a tough one. I think I’d be a travel agent so that I could travel the world and then help people plan exciting vacations!
11. What or who inspires you to blog?
My life inspires my blog. I blog about things that I experience.
12. We’re headed to your neck of the woods… what restaurant would you recommend?
The Tavern of St. Clair. It’s a quaint little family owned casual-dining restaurant and pub. The Hubs and I are regulars there. We went there the other night for a birthday dinner and one of the waitresses hugged me. If you’re there, I highly recommend the Ribeye Ravioli.
13. What’s a southern tradition you and your family have?
Big Thanksgiving meals.
14. If you could pick your favorite blog post from your blog this year, what would it be?
My very first blog post. I will never forget the fear that I felt when I clicked the “publish” button. I am proud of myself for having the courage to do something different. Here’s the link:
15. We all love social media, tell us your links so we can follow you!
Click on these buttons to find me: