I know what you’re thinking. No, it’s not the final Friday of the month (when I normally do my Final Friday post). Today is the final Friday of my precious summer vacation. Such a bittersweet day, it is. I guess it’s true what they say. All good things do come to an end, huh?
I loathe the fact that I can no longer sleep until I decide it’s time to get up. I now have to obey my alarm clock. I now have to live my life strictly according to my Cozi calendar so as not to miss any important meetings, deadlines, events or the like. I now have to check backpacks every evening to make certain that the “I don’t have any homework” declarations are indeed true. I have to prepare lunches each night before going to bed. I have to make wardrobe choices at night to avoid any potential last-minute morning mishaps that threaten my chances of getting everyone to their designated locations at just the right time. I have to make arrangements to get this kid to practice and pick this one up. Order this one’s costumes, pick up a poster for this project, send in money for this field trip, buy a t-shirt for this and that, and I’m sure that I’ve left out something.
So, how will I spend my final Friday? Shopping? Hanging with friends? Relaxing on the couch? Nope. None of the above. I’m spending my final Friday of summer…(drum roll please)…working in my classroom!
Enjoy your Friday!
Once again, it’s the final Friday of a summer month. That means
we’re getting closer to school starting back we still have a few weeks of fun left before school starts! It was hard to narrow down my Friday Five list this week. This was an action-packed week full of fun and excitement. Well, here we go:
1. Cheerleading: I put my pom poms on the shelf back in 1997 after being selected UCA All-Star, serving two years as captain of the Varsity squad, and having six memorable seasons as a WHS Cheerleader. This week, I started my new position as Jr. High Cheer Coach, and I’m really excited about it. Please know, I am smart enough to know that my cheerleader days are over. But, it’s nice to see these girls who have the same passion for the sport as I did 16 years ago.
2. Football: I’m an avid lover of football. I LOVE my Auburn Tigers and it’s difficult to tear me away from the TV on Saturdays in the Fall. But, I’m feeling some kind of way about football now that my son is playing his first season of football. Despite what I thought, he’s loving the sport, so I guess I’ll just have to learn how to enjoy football while watching the game through my fingers! (It’s different when one of the boys on the field is your own…)
3. Family: Normally during the summer, I am inundated with things to do. This summer, I vowed to take it easy and spend time with my family. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve enjoyed waking up and seeing my husband off to work (and then quickly jumping back into bed to try to grasp hold of any little sleep that may be left inside of me) and spending time with my children (when they weren’t busy asking to go to a friend’s house or having a friend come over).
4. Dance: Soon, I’ll be headed to the beach for Fire & Ice National Talent Competition. My daughter’s dance team has had a great dance season and I’m ready to close it out with some wins at nationals this week!
and the BEST part of nationals is that it’s being held at….
5. THE BEACH: My favorite place in the whole wide world is the beach. I love relaxing and being care free. I love hearing children (mine and others) playing in the sand. I love hearing the crash of waves as they retire on the shore. I love getting lost in a good book without the disturbance of the television and other things. I love admiring yet another of God’s most amazing creations.
Oh yeah….I also love eating great seafood, hanging out at cool spots, and shopping! (shh…)
There’s my week in a nutshell. I’m ready to enjoy the weekend! Enjoy yours.
Today is the final Friday of the month. I can’t believe that I’m already halfway through my summer vacation. Although it has flown by, June has brought with it some memories that will last for a lifetime:
Hometown Block Party
Swimming with Friends
Mission Trips with First United Methodist Church
Alabama Gulf Coast Vacation
I have definitely lived up to my blog name this month: Diva on the Run! But I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my family. I am so blessed to have a profession that allows me to spend so much time with them. Right now, I get to run with them. Soon, I’ll be running after them, longing for these days that we are living now. For that reason alone, I make it my business to make every moment with them count.
Today is the first Friday of June. Each year, the city that I now call home reserves this day for its annual Hometown Block Party. This year is no different. In less than 4 hours, my family and I will join other party-goers to listen to great music, shop for cool novelty items, taste great local cuisine, and enjoy fabulous local talent.
So, what’s the problem? It’s storming today, complete with thunder, lightning, and a torrential downpour. The current weather conditions could potentially deter people from coming out to celebrate the city tonight. That would make me sad. I enjoy seeing the large crowds and getting the chance to mingle with people who I normally only see in passing as we rush hurriedly past each other to meet the requirements of our demanding schedules.
So, it seems highly appropriate to quote the famous nursery rhyme right now: “Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day.” Diva on the Run wants to play!
P.S. My #2 beauty product is Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste. Hands-down, this is the best toothpaste ever! I started using it a few years ago on recommendation from by dentist because I was having some minor sensitivity issues with my teeth. After just a few days of using Crest Pro-Health, the sensitivity was gone. After a few weeks of using it, my teeth were noticeably whiter! Crest Pro-Health does exactly what it promises. Try it. You’ll see.
Just as suspected, finding time to blog has proven to be a very difficult task. However, I accepted the bold challenge of entering the blog world so, of course, I have to step up to the plate and hit the ball out of the park. Finding time to “do me” is something that I vow to do more of. More mommies need to take time for themselves. We so often put the needs of everyone else before our own. Even when we have that ever so treasured “mommy time”, we still end up doing, or thinking about doing, something for someone else. That coveted time alone, daily, is something that I plan to incorporate in to my schedule—somehow, someway. So, how do I keep up with it all? ( “It” being all the goings on of my family.) With Cozi! If you haven’t tried the Cozi, you don’t know what you’re missing. Cozi describes itself as the #1 Mobile App for Moms. I know one thing for sure, it’#1 in my book. Cozi has a family calendar (which is my favorite feature), shopping lists, to do lists, a meal planner, and a journal. Each of my family members can log in and access these features. We use it daily! I honestly don’t know how we managed without it. So, if you are a Diva on the Run who needs help keeping your family organized, give Cozi a try. There’s a free version available that is great for getting acquainted with the program. You’ll thank me. I promise.