Once again, it’s the final Friday of a summer month. That means
we’re getting closer to school starting back we still have a few weeks of fun left before school starts! It was hard to narrow down my Friday Five list this week. This was an action-packed week full of fun and excitement. Well, here we go:
1. Cheerleading: I put my pom poms on the shelf back in 1997 after being selected UCA All-Star, serving two years as captain of the Varsity squad, and having six memorable seasons as a WHS Cheerleader. This week, I started my new position as Jr. High Cheer Coach, and I’m really excited about it. Please know, I am smart enough to know that my cheerleader days are over. But, it’s nice to see these girls who have the same passion for the sport as I did 16 years ago.
2. Football: I’m an avid lover of football. I LOVE my Auburn Tigers and it’s difficult to tear me away from the TV on Saturdays in the Fall. But, I’m feeling some kind of way about football now that my son is playing his first season of football. Despite what I thought, he’s loving the sport, so I guess I’ll just have to learn how to enjoy football while watching the game through my fingers! (It’s different when one of the boys on the field is your own…)
3. Family: Normally during the summer, I am inundated with things to do. This summer, I vowed to take it easy and spend time with my family. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve enjoyed waking up and seeing my husband off to work (and then quickly jumping back into bed to try to grasp hold of any little sleep that may be left inside of me) and spending time with my children (when they weren’t busy asking to go to a friend’s house or having a friend come over).
4. Dance: Soon, I’ll be headed to the beach for Fire & Ice National Talent Competition. My daughter’s dance team has had a great dance season and I’m ready to close it out with some wins at nationals this week!
and the BEST part of nationals is that it’s being held at….
5. THE BEACH: My favorite place in the whole wide world is the beach. I love relaxing and being care free. I love hearing children (mine and others) playing in the sand. I love hearing the crash of waves as they retire on the shore. I love getting lost in a good book without the disturbance of the television and other things. I love admiring yet another of God’s most amazing creations.
Oh yeah….I also love eating great seafood, hanging out at cool spots, and shopping! (shh…)
There’s my week in a nutshell. I’m ready to enjoy the weekend! Enjoy yours.
Today is the final Friday of the month. I can’t believe that I’m already halfway through my summer vacation. Although it has flown by, June has brought with it some memories that will last for a lifetime:
Hometown Block Party
Swimming with Friends
Mission Trips with First United Methodist Church
Alabama Gulf Coast Vacation
I have definitely lived up to my blog name this month: Diva on the Run! But I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with my family. I am so blessed to have a profession that allows me to spend so much time with them. Right now, I get to run with them. Soon, I’ll be running after them, longing for these days that we are living now. For that reason alone, I make it my business to make every moment with them count.
Friday. Need I say more? As a busy mom, I cherish every single moment that allows me to do what I want to do. Friday is usually the day when the hubs and kids have a limited number of items on their “to do” lists. Thankfully, this Friday meets that criteria. I’ve checked my Cozi app twice and have been pleasantly surprised both times.
So what will I do with myself this evening? Well, I made a last-minute, impulse purchase last week. Now, I’m having buyer’s remorse so I’m planning on returning it for a “better” purchase. Then, I’ve been postponing a much-needed manicure and pedicure so I may just sashay into one of those walk-in parlors and finally remove myself from amongst the rough-heeled, jagged toe-nailed, chipped nail polish population. (Excuse me, that was the Diva in me speaking.)
Finally, I have been holding numerous dinner gift cards and certificates hostage in my purse for months, so what better time than tonight for me to treat myself to a great dinner? Where shall I go? Hmm…..will it be The J. Clyde, Shula’s, The Melting Pot, Olive Garden, or Logan’s??
So, let’s see. I’ve got shopping, manicure and pedicure, and dinner on the agenda for tonight. Wow. That sounds fun, right. A wonderful way to end a busy, busy week. But, that totally defeats everything that I said in the first paragraph of this post! So instead of doing any of those things tonight, I think I’ll opt for a quiet evening at home with Netflix and my sofa!