Once again, it’s the final Friday of a summer month. That means
we’re getting closer to school starting back we still have a few weeks of fun left before school starts! It was hard to narrow down my Friday Five list this week. This was an action-packed week full of fun and excitement. Well, here we go:
1. Cheerleading: I put my pom poms on the shelf back in 1997 after being selected UCA All-Star, serving two years as captain of the Varsity squad, and having six memorable seasons as a WHS Cheerleader. This week, I started my new position as Jr. High Cheer Coach, and I’m really excited about it. Please know, I am smart enough to know that my cheerleader days are over. But, it’s nice to see these girls who have the same passion for the sport as I did 16 years ago.
2. Football: I’m an avid lover of football. I LOVE my Auburn Tigers and it’s difficult to tear me away from the TV on Saturdays in the Fall. But, I’m feeling some kind of way about football now that my son is playing his first season of football. Despite what I thought, he’s loving the sport, so I guess I’ll just have to learn how to enjoy football while watching the game through my fingers! (It’s different when one of the boys on the field is your own…)
3. Family: Normally during the summer, I am inundated with things to do. This summer, I vowed to take it easy and spend time with my family. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve enjoyed waking up and seeing my husband off to work (and then quickly jumping back into bed to try to grasp hold of any little sleep that may be left inside of me) and spending time with my children (when they weren’t busy asking to go to a friend’s house or having a friend come over).
4. Dance: Soon, I’ll be headed to the beach for Fire & Ice National Talent Competition. My daughter’s dance team has had a great dance season and I’m ready to close it out with some wins at nationals this week!
and the BEST part of nationals is that it’s being held at….
5. THE BEACH: My favorite place in the whole wide world is the beach. I love relaxing and being care free. I love hearing children (mine and others) playing in the sand. I love hearing the crash of waves as they retire on the shore. I love getting lost in a good book without the disturbance of the television and other things. I love admiring yet another of God’s most amazing creations.
Oh yeah….I also love eating great seafood, hanging out at cool spots, and shopping! (shh…)
There’s my week in a nutshell. I’m ready to enjoy the weekend! Enjoy yours.
Who doesn’t love Saturdays? A day to kick back, relax, and take in the sun’s …..wait a minute…what was I thinking????
#1, It has been raining pretty much nonstop for the past 12 hours.
#2, I’m Diva on the Run!
One glimpse at Cozi lets me know that I have a full day ahead of me. But of course it’s nothing the Diva can’t handle! Another reason for my loving relationship with Saturday is that I’m able to grab my favorite pair of jeans, pair it with a cute shirt, and hit the road. In minutes, I’m out for a day of fun with my Starrz Performing Arts Centre family, and a little retail therapy afterwards. (Hey, I told you we’ve got to take time for ourselves, right? What makes a woman feel better than shopping?)
Today, we’re heading to the lake for a little fun. (That is, if it stops raining long enough.) Logan Martin LakeFest and Boat Show is this weekend and Starrz Performing Arts Centre is performing at this event. My daughter dances at Starrz and they are often invited to perform at community events. It’s great to see these young dancers in their element. We are so lucky to have a great dance teacher who devotes so much time and effort into helping our children perfect their skills and grow as dancers.
So, whatever is on your schedule today, be sure to do one thing–take time to play. We often get so wrapped up in what we have to do, places we have to go, and people we have to see that we forget to take time for the little things.
P.S. If you aren’t already following my blog, be sure to click “follow” so that you can receive email updates when I make new posts. Next week, I’m going to be listing my Top 10 beauty products. These are the products I absolutely can’t live without!